Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beauty

In days when I
was young and thin
with sparkling eye
and flawless skin
I thought that I knew beauty,
but now I see more truely.

The gift of age
to me has been
a wisdom sage
and joy therein
for now I know true beauty,
is something that's inside me.

Beauty free, beauty light,
beauty fills all my sight.

A baby's smile,
a weathered hand,
the extra mile,
a wedding band,
I see it all around me,
for beauty shines so freely.

In skipping stones
and basket balls;
in telephones
and crowded halls;
In each I see such beauty,
for joy and love surround me.

Beauty free, beauty light,
beauty fills all my sight.

For beauty rare
is Heaven's light
it's shining there
in all that's right.
In you I see that beauty,
that look that says "God loves me."

In every heart,
in every flower,
there is a part,
that feels His power,
and that my dear is beauty;
the part of us that's Godly.

Beauty free, beauty light,
Beauty fills all my sight.

2 comments:

AutismPsyD said...

Fabulous. Simply fabulous. So glad you got your dad's gift for poetry!

Margret said...

Lovely.